Wednesday, March 4, 2020

A story of a strong independent woman

I am a feminist and I call myself "a strong independent woman" and many people who ever dealt with me, I think, would describe me as strong and independent.

But still there are days when I am tired of being that solo strong independent woman who has an everlasting smile on her face.

On the days where the burdens of life are too much on my shoulder, I would imagine that scene from "Up close and Personnal", starring Robert Redford and Michelle Pfeiffer, where she feel so depressed and lost at her work and sitting alone late in her office and there he appears out of the blue. He is just there without being asked or begged to come. He knew she was lost and needed him to be there. All she needed was that beautiful embrace he enveloped her in when he say her.

I would imagine him come into the room and hugging me and whispering in my ear, "Everything will be fine."

But the truth is, I find myself standing up from my desk, looking around the empty room, patting myself on the shoulder and saying to myself aloud, "It is gonna be all fine, you can do it. The best is yet to come."

And in this story, I am both Sally and Warren, both in one. And I think this is the story of every strong independent woman facing this world alone.

Enjoy the song,
Because you loved me (one of my Favs)


This is what jWoman has to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment